IT 42S horizontal-bed lathes are designed for fine turning of axially symmetrical parts and threading in a closed semi-automatic cycle, mainly from piece blanks (bar stock also possible) in small-scale and batch production. Stable spindle speed is maintained. Electronic handwheels can be used for set-up operation.
- Precision class P (GOST 8-82).
- The main motion drive is powered by an asynchronous motor with a frequency converter, connected to the machine spindle through a belt.
- The bed and pedestal are a one-piece cast construction made of high-quality chromium-nickel cast iron. It features a high level of vibration damping and rigidity, providing stability and reducing elastic strain. The bed features two prismatic and two flat guides, hardened by high-frequency currents and finely ground.
- The headstock mounted on the bed features a sturdy body made of high quality cast iron and is based on a pin located in the front of the headstock body, which allows to align the spindle axis with the bed guides by turning the body.
- The carry-in drives are equipped with servomotors, each servomotor directly connected to the ball screw drive through a coupling.