The high degree of vehicle automation allows to minimize manual intervention when switching Stena to working or transportation modes.
The driver and the operator control the vehicle from a cabin protected by steel structures and a mesh. All control systems are located in the driver's cab. Remote operating console is also provided on the cable, so if necessary, the vehicle can be controlled from the outside of the cabin.
The crew consists of two people:
- crew commander – operator;
The vehicle can be operated at the ambient temperature in range from minus 40°C to plus 40°C.
The vehicle can move with unfolded shield and change the geometry of the shield in motion. Special mounts redistribute shocks from the shield to the vehicle frame.
The vehicle is mounted on the KAMAZ-65201-3010-53 chassis and can move on its own on roads with asphaltic or enhanced pavement.
Characteristics of the main systems
- 7470±70 mm wide multifunctional expandable shield
- It is equipped with 5 throw over platforms to accommodate law enforcement officers.
- There are 10 gun ports in the shield, allowing them to be used for intended purpose, if necessary.
- The shield protects the enforcers from impact from the front and has a Br1 armor category.
- Blade allows the vehicle to break down barricades and move objects weighing up to 2.5 tonnes.
- The blade is raised and lowered automatically with a hydraulic drive.
Fire extinguishing system
- Allows to extinguish open fires on the reachable external surfaces of the vehicle and on the surface of the motion area under the vehicle.
- The system is launched by the operator. Fire extinguishing system in the engine compartment is triggered automatically.
System for emitting light and sound alarm signals
- All sections of the shield are equipped lighting in the upper part, including LED dipped and full-beam headlights, as well as blue flashing modules.
- The headlights allow to illuminate the area with offenders in front of Stena in the dark.
Video surveillance and video recording system
The signal from video cameras is displayed on monitors installed in the driver's cabin. Continuous recording time is 40 hours.