- transportation and placement of booms in coastal marine search and rescue areas, in bays and seaports;
- containment and elimination of spilled oil products;
- diversion booming.
The A40-2B project was developed based on the feedback of the A40-1B project boat operators. The following parameters were achieved:
- Hull length was increased by 2 meters, allowing to enlarge living quarters in the hull and the stern working deck;
- A loader crane was installed with a 4-meter boom and a 990 kg lifting capacity;
- KM Ice2 R3-RSN AUT3 oil recovery ship (>60°) class was assigned in accordance with RMRS;
- Crew endurance and and cruising range remained unchanged;
- Top speed increased to 22 knots.